Local Employment Service (LES)
The CPLN area Local Employment Service (LES) is a free, confidential, community-based service aimed at helping unemployed job seekers to return to work. The LES provides a gateway to the full range of options which are available to help an unemployed person return to work - including information provision, career guidance, training, education, and job placement.
The LES offers a friendly, confidential and professional service to help unemployed job seekers with:
- Career planning and career guidance.
- Information and access to jobs, education, training and employment supports.
- One-to-one support and advice on options.
- CV and interview preparation.
- Professional recruitment service for employers.
- Continued support services for both employers and employees
Our service is free and available to:
- Long-term unemployed receiving payment for six months.
- Dependent spouses of registered long-term unemployed.
- One Parent Families.
- Early School Leavers.
- People with a disability.
- Members of the Travelling Community.
- People in recovery from substance abuse
- Community Employment (CE) and Job Initiative (JI) Participants.
- People who are homeless
- Ex Offenders
- Women Returners
We treat any information you give us confidentially. All information recorded by our staff is treated in the strictest of confidence and is protected under the Data Protection Act. If you are looking to return to work, education or training and are unsure where to start, come along for a chat and see what we can do for you!
If you would like to get in touch with the LES and avail of our services, the first step is to fill out the Client Reg form: Client Reg Form Link
Recent Careers Guidance Programme for Adults a Great Success!
CPLN Area Local Employment Service recently held a unique careers guidance programme, entitled Future Options in Lucan Library aimed at existing clients of the Service who reside in Lucan and are unemployed. A similar programme had been piloted earlier in Clondalkin.
If you recently became Unemployed you might find the following information useful:
Useful Tips on how to write a CV and prepare for your interview
Sharon (right), mediator with the Local Employment Service, giving advice to job seekers at the Lucan Information Day
Locations and Contact Details
Clondalkin Village LES Contact Point
Oakfield Industrial Estate
Phone: 4577308 Fax: 4577313
Bawnogue LES Contact Point
Bawnogue Enterprise & Community Centre
Phone: 4578861 Fax: 4578863
North Clondalkin LES Contact Point (beside Neilstown School)
Clondalkin Enterprise Centre
Phone: 01 4575924 Fax:01 4670563
Where to find us: Map...
The Local Employment service has been awarded the Excellence Through People mark.